On August 2, 2019, my Mom, Frances, gained her wings. She had spent the last 6 years of her life at Lake Forest Park, her last 5 months in Memory Care. I would like to express my sincere thanks and appreciation to the Staff. They are all truly phenomenal caregivers. From the receptionist, to the hairdresser to the laundry staff, to housekeeping, to maintenance, to the kitchen staff. They are all just such wonderful, caring people. I have to mention here the extremely kind gesture from the kitchen staff who came to mom's room to see her just before she passed. Mom ...Show More
Celebrating National Friendship Day Back
Friendship is an important part of our life no matter what our age is. Friendship can help to improve your mental health by reducing problems with depression as well as relieving stress. August 6th is National Friendship Day. It is a day dedicated to celebrating the friendships we have developed over our lifetimes. Here are some fun and easy ways to celebrate National Friendship Day.
- Plan a fun social event- It can be a fun get together between a few close friends or a larger party with food and games. Create new memories for celebrating in years to come. You can use the pictures taken to decorate your living space to remind you that your friends are always nearby.
- Schedule a time to call your friends or chat over Skype. Calling and video chatting with your friends makes celebrating your friendships easy, especially if you live in different cities or states. Contact them ahead of time, and plan out a time that is convenient for both of you.
- Connect with friends on social media. Social media platforms are another great way to keep in contact with your friends no matter the distance that separates you. Send your friends a message to let you know you are thankful for them and their friendship.
- Have a thoughtful discussion in person. Reminisce about fun memories you have together or share thoughts and opinions about interesting topics. This is a fun and relaxing way to celebrate National Friendship Day that does not require a lot of planning or activity.
- View old photographs or videos together. Whether from childhood or adulthood, this is a great way to celebrate. Rewind the time and remember why you became great friends in the first place.
Whatever you decide to do, you will have a blast looking back on old memories and creating new ones with your friends. It is important to celebrate your friendships every day, but especially on National Friendship Day.
Having lived at Lake Forest Park for 10 years, I am very happy and feel lucky to be here. It is a very pretty place, the staff is friendly and helpful, and the food is good. I love the trivia games and puzzles they offer on the activity calendar; they keep my mind alert. Living here is like belonging to a huge family; we all get along great. I don't have to cook and clean anymore, so I am getting lazy and fat! I never thought I'd live to see that! I am grateful each day.
I love it at Lake Forest Park! It is now my home. The other residents are my loving extended family. The staff is always courteous, knowledgeable and helpful. Dining and housekeeping staff are always cheerful, conscientious and highly, highly efficient. It is a pleasure seeing the staff smiling and keeping us happy and content. Our activities are varied with something for everyone. We all enjoy participating in activities. I am happy to call Lake Forest Park home.
When I first moved to Lake Forest Park, it was the most difficult time of my life. Now, after being here 9 months, I have made friends and am really enjoying myself. Everyone is like family to me; we are so close and we have a lot of fun.
I visited this facility. This building is beautiful, from the moment you walk in the airy sheer curtains the décor, the music, the atmosphere is wonderful. We met a very cute young girl who gave a great tour of the building. The entire management team made it a point to introduce themselves, the head young lady was so warm and eased our concerns. We were shocked that fort pierce had anything as nice as this. When we left everyone wished us well. The folks living there look healthy. It didn't smell either.
I am a senior who has lived and worked in St. Lucie County since the fall of 1972. I have worked as both a teacher and a minister for a large part of that time and have had the opportunity to visit many different retirement facilities over the years. I am presently a part of a group that meets once a month at Lake Forest Park for a luncheon. I have also toured their facilities and am quite impressed. They provide a secure and challenging program of activities and I know of no other place that I would rather consider ...Show More