On August 2, 2019, my Mom, Frances, gained her wings. She had spent the last 6 years of her life at Lake Forest Park, her last 5 months in Memory Care. I would like to express my sincere thanks and appreciation to the Staff. They are all truly phenomenal caregivers. From the receptionist, to the hairdresser to the laundry staff, to housekeeping, to maintenance, to the kitchen staff. They are all just such wonderful, caring people. I have to mention here the extremely kind gesture from the kitchen staff who came to mom's room to see her just before she passed. Mom passed soon after. Just after the Crisis Care nurse called me, she held the phone to Mom's ear and I got to tell her for the last time that I loved her, and my 2 sisters loved her. One half-hour into my drive over to see her, she passed but heard those last words "I Love You". Also, I want to give a big thanks to Ryan, Virginia, and Stephanie who made sure mom was taken to any activities she was able to take part in. Last, but not least, the kind, caring and loving nursing staff who treated Mom as if she was a member of their own family. All the CNA's (sorry I have forgotten names and apologize) are all exceptional people whom I've gotten to know and love. It meant the world to me and my family. Again, thanks to all. I will never forget your kindness to me. It is absolute proof that angels walk among us. I will keep you all in my prayers, and may God bless you abundantly.
Loving a Spooky October Back
October is a fun time for everyone. Are you looking for some fun things to do in October to prep you for Halloween? Here are some fun things you can do!
* Scary Movie Marathon - Get together with your friends and choose your favorite scary movies to share!
* Share scary stories and have fun watching everyone squirm!
* Decorate & Carve Pumpkins - This is an old time favorite tradition to make Halloween fun and add to the ambiance of your home and parties!
* Juices! Make some fun drinks for you and your goblin friends:
Shrunken Head Cider - From Martha Stewart's recipe!
- 2 cups lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 8 large Granny Smith apples
- 32 whole cloves
- 2 gallons apple cider
- 2 (12-ounce) cans frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 2 cups spiced rum (optional)
- - Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. In a medium bowl, mix together lemon juice and salt; set aside.
- - Peel apples and cut each in half through the stem; remove seeds and core. Using a sharp paring knife, carve a face, as desired, on the rounded side of each apple half. Place apples in lemon mixture for one minute; transfer to paper towels to drain.
- - Place apples, face-side up on prepared baking sheet and transfer to oven. Let bake until apples are dry and begin to brown around the edges, about 90 minutes. Remove apples from baking sheets and press cloves into the "eye" sockets.
- - Combine cider, lemonade, and rum (if using) in a large punchbowl; float shrunken heads on top.
Devilish Avocado Sriracha Deviled Eggs Recipe!! These are from Dara Michalski
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 3/4 California avocado
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp sriracha, to taste
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp minced cilantro
- 12 thin red bell pepper strips
- - Cut the hard-boiled eggs in half lengthwise, remove the yolks and place the yolks in a medium bowl.
- - Add the lime juice, sriracha (to taste) and salt, and smash again until combined.
- - Use the tips of the red bell pepper strips and trim them like horns. Place 2 "horns" into each stuffed egg. Serve.
Having lived at Lake Forest Park for 10 years, I am very happy and feel lucky to be here. It is a very pretty place, the staff is friendly and helpful, and the food is good. I love the trivia games and puzzles they offer on the activity calendar; they keep my mind alert. Living here is like belonging to a huge family; we all get along great. I don't have to cook and clean anymore, so I am getting lazy and fat! I never thought I'd live to see that! I am grateful each day.
I love it at Lake Forest Park! It is now my home. The other residents are my loving extended family. The staff is always courteous, knowledgeable and helpful. Dining and housekeeping staff are always cheerful, conscientious and highly, highly efficient. It is a pleasure seeing the staff smiling and keeping us happy and content. Our activities are varied with something for everyone. We all enjoy participating in activities. I am happy to call Lake Forest Park home.
When I first moved to Lake Forest Park, it was the most difficult time of my life. Now, after being here 9 months, I have made friends and am really enjoying myself. Everyone is like family to me; we are so close and we have a lot of fun.
I visited this facility. This building is beautiful, from the moment you walk in the airy sheer curtains the décor, the music, the atmosphere is wonderful. We met a very cute young girl who gave a great tour of the building. The entire management team made it a point to introduce themselves, the head young lady was so warm and eased our concerns. We were shocked that fort pierce had anything as nice as this. When we left everyone wished us well. The folks living there look healthy. It didn't smell either.
I am a senior who has lived and worked in St. Lucie County since the fall of 1972. I have worked as both a teacher and a minister for a large part of that time and have had the opportunity to visit many different retirement facilities over the years. I am presently a part of a group that meets once a month at Lake Forest Park for a luncheon. I have also toured their facilities and am quite impressed. They provide a secure and challenging program of activities and I know of no other place that I would rather consider retirement than LFP. Their facility is conveniently located near shopping and Lawnwood Medical Center, and they provide transportation for most every need of their residents. The staff is helpful and friendly and the food is delicious and well prepared. I'm impressed by the fact that the chef goes out of his way to accommodate special dietary needs. In addition, one never gets the feeling that he/she is an imposition. i would highly recommend Lake Forest Park to anyone looking for a nice, clean, secure place to retire and enjoy their "golden years".