On August 2, 2019, my Mom, Frances, gained her wings. She had spent the last 6 years of her life at Lake Forest Park, her last 5 months in Memory Care. I would like to express my sincere thanks and appreciation to the Staff. They are all truly phenomenal caregivers. From the receptionist, to the hairdresser to the laundry staff, to housekeeping, to maintenance, to the kitchen staff. They are all just such wonderful, caring people. I have to mention here the extremely kind gesture from the kitchen staff who came to mom's room to see her just before she passed. Mom ...Show More
Staying In or Going Out: Joyful Ways to Spend the Holidays Back
It’s time to spread some holiday cheer! The holidays are a wonderful time filled with family, tradition, and fun! Whether you like staying in, or going out; here are a few great ideas to help you stay connected with family and friends this holiday season.
Activities For Those Staying In:
- Decorate your house. Decorate a tree that fits nicely in your unit, hang lights, and display christmas cards from loved ones
- Make a holiday wreath. Participate in or learn a new skill by making your own wreath this year. If you have a knack for it, make one for a loved one too!
- Sing holiday songs together. Invite friends or family over to sing those holiday classics you love so much. If you feel like venturing out when it comes to singing, go caroling with friends or join a choir in your community.
- Bake cookies. Invite a friend or a grandchild and bake your heart out. It’s sure to feel like the holidays once that cinnamon and ginger aroma fills the air!
- Decorate and fill stockings. You can send stockings as presents to loved ones, or you could donate to local organizations that provide Christmas to children in need.
Activities For Those Going Out:
- Stroll around the mall. Malls have some of the most gorgeous, over-the-top decorations during the holidays. There is usually a Santa area bustling with excited children, and holiday music fills the halls. Grab a hot cup of coffee or cocoa and take a stroll or find a bench to relax on.
- Go see Christmas lights. Find a neighborhood or local area that is lit with Christmas cheer and enjoy a night-time drive. Bring a loved one or a friend to share the experience with.
- See a local play or performance. Many communities offer seasonal favorites such as the Nutcracker through a performance company. A local orchestra or symphony may offer a holiday performance featuring some of the holiday classics you know and love as well!
- Head to the movies. Enjoy a feel-good holiday movie or fun comedy in the theater with some popcorn.
Whether you’re staying in or going out, there are many simple and lovely ways to enjoy the holidays that can bring joy to you and those around you. Happy Holidays!
Having lived at Lake Forest Park for 10 years, I am very happy and feel lucky to be here. It is a very pretty place, the staff is friendly and helpful, and the food is good. I love the trivia games and puzzles they offer on the activity calendar; they keep my mind alert. Living here is like belonging to a huge family; we all get along great. I don't have to cook and clean anymore, so I am getting lazy and fat! I never thought I'd live to see that! I am grateful each day.
I love it at Lake Forest Park! It is now my home. The other residents are my loving extended family. The staff is always courteous, knowledgeable and helpful. Dining and housekeeping staff are always cheerful, conscientious and highly, highly efficient. It is a pleasure seeing the staff smiling and keeping us happy and content. Our activities are varied with something for everyone. We all enjoy participating in activities. I am happy to call Lake Forest Park home.
When I first moved to Lake Forest Park, it was the most difficult time of my life. Now, after being here 9 months, I have made friends and am really enjoying myself. Everyone is like family to me; we are so close and we have a lot of fun.
I visited this facility. This building is beautiful, from the moment you walk in the airy sheer curtains the décor, the music, the atmosphere is wonderful. We met a very cute young girl who gave a great tour of the building. The entire management team made it a point to introduce themselves, the head young lady was so warm and eased our concerns. We were shocked that fort pierce had anything as nice as this. When we left everyone wished us well. The folks living there look healthy. It didn't smell either.
I am a senior who has lived and worked in St. Lucie County since the fall of 1972. I have worked as both a teacher and a minister for a large part of that time and have had the opportunity to visit many different retirement facilities over the years. I am presently a part of a group that meets once a month at Lake Forest Park for a luncheon. I have also toured their facilities and am quite impressed. They provide a secure and challenging program of activities and I know of no other place that I would rather consider ...Show More